Painted Lemur Studios (PLS) helps small and mid-sized organizations generate leads, grow revenue, build brand awareness, and garner recognition via two main approaches: content-based marketing along with social sales and marketing techniques.
One of the roles that we provide to our customers is a website development and administration role.
The candidate will be performing a number of duties with a number of customers, including:
- Understanding client requirements through interviewing and collaboration
- Working with content writers, graphic designers, and management to add and update content to customers’ websites
- Assisting in SEO following PLS best practices
- Monitoring website performance from both a technical and a marketing perspective
- Collecting, collating, and reporting website statistics and visitor information
- Developing and executing website maintenance and content management procedures/policies as required
- Coordinating website-related projects including consolidation of business requirements, analyzing, and presenting recommendations
- Coordinating execution between in-house, customer, and third-party development/support
The majority of the time is work-from-home, with occasional meetings at either PLS offices or at customer locations.
The Technical Requirements
The candidate should have experience with and in-depth working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Server - Apache (preferred) and/or NGINX
- Database - MySQL/MariaDB (preferred) and/or Oracle, SQLServer
- Linux - Debian (preferred) and/or Ubuntu
- CMS - Drupal (preferred) and/or Wordpress
- Analytics - Google and/or marketing automation instrumentation
The Optional Requirements
While not required, experience with the following technologies and processes will be given extra consideration:
- Integration experience between Drupal/Wordpress and Sales/Marketing Automation such as salesforce.com, Marketo, and/or Act-On
- Social Networks such as Twitter and Facebook
- Drupal module development
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or GIMP
- VMWare virtualization technology
- Amazon AWS, including EC2
- Twitter Bootstrap framework
- Java, Python, C/C++
- Forward/Reverse Proxies - e.g. Amazon, Apache TrafficServer
The Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate posses the following:
- Post-secondary education in an applicable discipline - Diploma / Certificate (preferably bachelor’s degree)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Strong analysis, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills,
- Project management/coordination skills handling several projects simultaneously
- 2-5 years of hands-on experience as a Drupal and/or WordPress administrator/web designer/developer
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and self-manage
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Self-learner who takes initiative to learn new things and acquire new skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a group
- This is a full-time role.
- Compensation includes salary (paid monthly), benefits, and vacation time
- Salary commensurate with experience
This opportunity is open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only .
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.